Thursday, August 17, 2006

College

Wow!...I'm in college. I mean... geez, I'm right freaking here. No family, no nothing. Just my computers, books and clothes. So I guess I should tell the ins and outs of the whole experience so far, starting with my impression of the freshman class. Needless to say, yesterday was not the greatest of days and it left me with a sour taste in my mouth. Yesterday, when I tried to write this very post, I said that they all had very little passion for what they wanted to do. I retract that statement, at least partially, because I have finally met a couple of people who do care about what they do. This is going to be too long a post as it is so I will tell about them at a later time.

The jury is still out on my roomate. He seems quiet, even if he is talking with his friends he seems to whisper all the time; and its not just when I am around either, it is whenever he is with his friends and around other people that are not. I would hate to assume that he has hometownitis, which prevents him from knowing anyone but the people from Lafayette, but thats what it looks like. After all, he pretty much has had this place bred into him since he was small. Maybe he is just not comfortable around here yet, as many of us are not. I also have a slight feeling that he doesn't get what I do, but there will be plenty more chances to tell that. (Update: yesterday he was up until 2:30 in the hallway talking with his friends and he left the door open. Supposedly the RA was too smashed to stop them.)

Speaking of comfortability, it is something I have only gained today, as yesterday was to hectic to even begin getting comfortable. But I still feel like the room could use some spicing up, with just bare walls surrounding me right now. I'll have to think up something.

BGR is a bust, it's just a bunch of annoyingly loud school spirit hooey. Oh yeah if you want to get season tickets to all the sporting events you can get a pass for the low low price of $200! yeah! RIGHT. The only good parts that have come so far are the two comedians they have had each day. Beyond that... ick.

I only got about 5 hours of sleep yesterday because Ben, my roommate, got up at 6:30 and we had gone to bed at 1:30. I plan on getting a good 8 hours tonight so I'm turning in willingly at a practical 10:30 and setting my alarm for 7:00. Goodnight. By the way this is being posted late because my internet is still not up and the labs are not open until next sunday. Hopefully I will get it by Thursday, in time to email my parents.(BTW, the day i wrote this was monday. Oh and obviously I did get my internet working.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home